Thursday, May 22, 2008

13 Things I Want to Do Before I Die (TT#6)


(and yes, I know this is late - but I at least started it last Thursday - does that count? didn't think so!)

Thirteen Things I Want to do Before I Die

Some realistic, some possible, some requiring more effort than I may be prepared to invest and some are just fantasies with very little likelihood of coming true. But then... you never know...

1. Achieve a new and improved level of overall fitness, and general healthiness. Doable - all it requires is responsible eating and moderate exercise. Once I get to that point - hopefully before I'm 50 - then I'd like to move on to #2 -

2. Run a Marathon. (stop laughing). The only thing stopping me is the desire to invest time and energy in training for it. Do-able. Possible.

3. Become a published author. Do-able - I need to finish any one of the manuscripts I have under construction, and either get published, or self-publish. (note that I did not say "international best-selling author")

4. Record a cd with Musique Magique. Do-able only if the "group mind" also wants it to happen.

5. Visit the following sacred sites: Delphi, the Hagia Sophia, the Parthenon, Macchu Pichu, the Wailing Wall, the tomb of Rumi, and Mecca. Not So Do-able given the state of the world.

6. Knit a very complex super expert highly intricate Elizabeth Zimmerman or Meg Swanson piece of lace. Preferably something I would wear. Do-Able if I really put my mind & fingers to it and accept the challenge to my knitting skills.

7. Go back to Ireland, and visit Scotland. Possible to do - but guilt about taking pleasure flights in an era of climate change is enough to make me talk myself out of it before I even pick up a tourbook. I'd love to re-visit the Irish Woolen Mills in Dublin - what an amazing place - and visit some of the great Wooleries in Scotland.

8. Master a second and third language. My French really should be better than it is, and I'd love to be conversant in Hindi, and/or Gaelic. Do-able with determination.

9. Meet any of the following people for an afternoon that involves pitchers of a cold alcoholic beverage and some serious conversation: WAIT - this is a great idea for a separate T13 list. Watch this space for an expanded answer in a stand-alone post - This Thursday, goldarn it.

10. Spend time in an Ashram in India, chanting with Krishna Das. See above point for thoughts on climate change guilt. Do-able but highly unlikely that I would ever invest the $$$ needed for this. Maybe he'll come to Winnipeg.

11. Become a recognized expert on Tarot. My passion. Own all the decks I covet, and teach classes online and in person to share my diverse knowledge of this wondrous subject. (Had to let a little ego creep in here somewhere.)

12. Listen to all the music I have on my "want list" - too numerous to mention here.

13. See a shift in global consciousness that would allow all Earth's Children to live in peace, security, abundance, happiness, and acceptance on a healthy planet. Do-able? Its up to each one of us, isn't it.

bonus points: get my Thursday 13's done on Thursday - not just "started" on a Thursday. I will do better. :)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Susan,

    I just read your haiku over on Wendy Knits blog. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete